We hope you’ll come out for the first of our two General Membership Meetings next Monday evening, March 16, 6:30pm-8:00pm. Arrive on time for member business, news and networking over dinner at The Oak (BHMA will provide light appetizer & beverage but we encourage folks to support the venue by ordering dinner too!).
General Membership Meeting
3019 Beacon Ave. South, 98144
6:30-6:45 Welcome and introductions, order food and drinks.
6:45-6:55 Agenda Review, Organizational Report
- Angela Castañeda, Director: Business Training and Technical Assistance, Marketing/PR, Making city resources available
- Robert Hinrix, Associate Director: Equitable economic development, Revitalization and relationship building
- Craig Lorch, Board President: Board and Membership recruitment and expansion
6:55-7:05 New Business (Robert)
- Discussion and Vote: approve bylaw changes, as recommended by the board. Mostly simple changes to the board election process.
- Discussion and Vote: Approve the slate of candidates for the board. The provisional slate consists of : Craig Lorch, Dean Hasegawa, Keri Williams, Robert Hinrix, and Betty Jean Williamson. At this time seats are uncontested.
7:05-7:30 Review of Projects and Events
- Beautification Projects: pop-up murals, clean streets & facades (Angela)
- Development Workshop: Tuesday June 9th 10:30 (Robert)
- Beacon Art Walkabout: Saturday June 27th 1-10pm. (BJW/Jonathan)
- Large Project Fund Application: “Many Paths to Beacon Hill” (Robert)
- Beacon Arts Mural project / Small & Simple (BJW)
- Networking Luncheons in 2015 (Events committee representative)
P.S. Thank you to Jeff MacIsaac, Operating Owner at The Oak (and BHMA member!) for accommodating our group.