- In future meetings, we will provide key vantage point graphics from downtown and several points on the bridge, including a fly-through experience traveling across the Rizal Bridge.
- The top 11 floors of the tower will be visible, including the modulation and set-backs of the Tower, highlighting its distinctive architecture.
- The landmarked silhouette of the tower will be visible.
- The existing tree canopy, steep grade of the site, and modulation, setbacks, and terracing of the new development enhances the visual compatibility with the architecture of the Tower.
- Public access of the space will be similar to what it is now, with a better pathway from east to west between the Tower and the apartment buildings.
- The PDA is working to achieve a balance between daytime access to the space by all users and safety/security and privacy of the residents.
- The Tower currently has several spaces that are available to the community, as well as wonderful grounds with picnic tables for public use. We’ve informed the Tower resident council of the interest expressed at the meeting in the programs and spaces in the building, and suggested they reach out to community groups to provide further information. Once the North Lot project is completed and the buildings are leased and fully operational, we can find ways to allow community use of the spaces if they are not reserved by residents.
- FareStart operates a café in the Tower lobby which is open to the public. They also plan to open a cafeteria on the 2nd floor of the Tower in the upcoming year.
- There is over 9,000 square feet of new retail currently in development and planned projects in north Beacon Hill. All accessible commercial space in the North Lot project will be utilized by the child care center and the AiPACE program for elderly day care.
- We have noted that the light at the south end of the bridge does create some congestion during peak afternoon hours, and most of the traffic goes south on Golf Drive. A small percentage goes up 12th, and we have planned to mitigate any impacts by having a one-way entry along 12th with no exiting. All exiting will occur off of 12th, which is a much less frequented street. The majority of residents will use the garage entry/exit located along the less travelled 12th, which will reduce impacts along 14th. We have completed a traffic and transportation study, including traffic volumes along 12th that identify ample capacity to handle the traffic caused by vehicles from the residents of this building.
- Additionally, both bike and electric vehicle parking and storage will be provided to support alternate modes of transportation. We have seen a large percent of residents with bikes over the past few years in similar properties, and we have planned for one-to-one bicycle storage and parking.-
- We are willing to support and advocate for concurrency planning and better bus access with Metro. Additionally, dedicated bike routes are planned for 12th.
- These are great ideas, we will extend outreach further into Beacon Hill and the International District.
- We also plan to use neighborhood social media platforms to distribute news about the project, and will create a North Lot page on the PHPDA’s current website. We would welcome any other suggestions about how best to keep the community informed about the project.
For people who love Beacon Hill’s ethnic, social, and economic diversity, Beacon Business Alliance promotes the neighborhood, connects stakeholders, and more.
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.